A plethora of blah

So the sale's going well with an average of 2 shirts selling per day! I know that must not sound like a whole lot, but when you're used to that many selling in a month (the way it was about a year ago), it's a MAJOR deal!

Does it mean I can quit my day job any time soon? No. Not that I mind it a whole lot; the job I have is at a print shop and the skills that I've learned there-be it designing, doing layout, packaging, etc-have already proven invaluable to LF. Plus I'm only there part-time through the week and I enjoy the work (I get the warehouse to myself since we're a small company). So I'm not griping.

But the idea of running LF as my sole source of income is SUPER alluring. It's funny, I fantasize a lot about opening up an actual shop in Atlanta all the time. Whenever I'm down there and I see a vacant storefront I get all antsy and excited picturing a giant clothespin on the awning and "Linty Fresh" scrawled on the window. A good friend of mine even pitched a bunch of ideas to me about how the inside could be set up, complete with washing-machine window panels for shirt displays and a dry-cleaner type conveyor system constantly going with shirts... Seriously, how cool would that be?

In the meantime, though, I'm happy with just running this as a little venture from my closet. There's a certain appeal to the smallness of the operation at this point. Shirts are litterally designed, stocked, and shipped from one room-the same one I'm sitting in now, typing away.

ANYWAYS, my real reason for posting was to share some pics of these tags I printed up last week. I bought a fastener online for a few bucks and it just came in last night, so I was busy fastening tags to all the shirts. They look really cool! (Click the pic for more)

Also, new stickers are coming in mid-June. I never thought I'd see the end of the last batch (from September), but after these 40 or so, that'll be it. The new ones should be a lot better than the old. I designed them with bleeds (no white borders) and it's a completely new design, too.

Finally, there's a massive batch of new shirts currently being worked on by the good folks at CustomInk. It's the biggest order I've done so far, so I'm a little nervous about it... You'll see them in probably about 3 weeks. It should be interesting to see how they go over.

This is such a learning process...

Labels: , , ,

posted by Mr. Linty @ 10:57 PM,

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Great to hear that the shirts are movin! And those shirt tags? SO COOL. It's awesome little professional touches like those that make the product even better!

And wowzers, another shirt already? Sweet freakin deal! Keep em coming! =D

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Yeah, I love adding little things here and there to make the product just a bit cooler. Next step... packaging!... Maybe?

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

little tags! yes!!! i love linty fresh lol. i agree with jason, its good to see the little touches. its things like that that show your dedication to this now growing business of yours, eric. packaging with scratch and sniff spray would be cool... one can always dream i guess. lol.

Michael M.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Wow, that is too funny that you mentioned that. I actually was considering putting in die-cut dryer sheets! I have no idea who would mass-produce this (and how), but I'd love to be the first to try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home