Tyrone the cyclone (probably not)

Last night I decided that I needed to start sketching more often. Since taking art classes almost two years ago I haven't sat down too many times for the sole purpose of drawing. So I did. I ended up coming up with this bizzare cyclone monster that was devouring a guy in a rowboat. Somewhere in there I saw potential for something else (maybe a t-shirt down the road), so I made a more polished sketch tonight on Bristol board and inked it with a Micron.

I took pictures!

Input welcome, as always.

Labels: ,

posted by Mr. Linty @ 10:40 PM,

4 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I feel like someone should acknowledge it... after all, I've checked for new posts and still seen this one. I like the stuff on Flickr, and i've got comments and notes there.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Thanks! I knew it was getting hits though, so I wasn't on the verge of depression or nothin.

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely a cool concept. I agree on the weird wave behind the boat. But the rest of it is beautifully detailed. Goodluck with the color work. I cant imagine what the little go on the boat is gonna be going through. lol

Michael M.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

I forgot the sailboat! I'll have to go in and draw it separately and stick that in. I think it'll really help to solidify the whole concept. Oh, and check the latest for the cloudless look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home