It takes discipline

I've started scheduling my life. I think it's time. It's weird because stuff piles up on me so quickly and yet it's not like I don't have any free time. It's just that when I do have some time, I end up wandering around like a nomad looking for stuff to do/eat/hunt, unable to remember any of the things on my mental to-do list. I've tried making actual to-do lists, but I inevitabl stuff them in a pocket where they later emerge as reincarnated pulp. This has only made my free time marginally more interesting as I'm now forced to decipher these notes, or else I'm trying to get the stains out of my pockets.

So finally I came up with an idea better than this, and possibly one that no one prior to myself has devised: I call it a "schedule"!

Here's how it works: I wrote down each day of the week accross the top of a piece of paper and then the time slots of those days along the left-hand column of the paper. (I made a grid to keep it all straight) Next I put all my weekly obligations into the corresponding timeslots. This gave me an idea of where my blocks of free time would be, and approximately how much time I had in those blocks. Then I gathered all my rescued to-do notes and designated different time slots for those tasks.

Anyways, on Monday night I checked my handy little schedule and saw that it was my bi-weekly Linty Fresh! timeslot. So I sent off the next design in my qeue to the printers and things are moving along quickly! I feel very in charge of my life right now. But I also feel like a dork.

It's good though, I need to force myself to be this way sometimes, especially with LF. I don't want shirt printings to be 3 and 4 months apart. That's just too long. Dude, this microwaved pizza is the bomb.

Labels: ,

posted by Mr. Linty @ 10:16 AM,

6 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Congrats. Is it a trip shirt? Or a shirt shirt? Can't wait to see it, as we haven't gotten any play-by plays on this one. Cool.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Yeah I'm being all undercover with it this time around. Not a trip shirt though. I haven't had time to even think about what that design might be...

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Lol, I just realized that your location is "Taiwan". Nice.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need a schedule. My life is kinda like a chaos filled ball. I seem to keep it contained though. And a shirt? Hmm, i guess I have to wait on that one.

Michael M.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah..look at your trying to be responsible.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Michael,

Today someone described their life as a whack-a-mole game out of tickets. No progress, no rewards, no relief. Just wackin' moles. That's how I feel a lot of the time.

Sunshine,

Good to see Syracuse hasn't frozen your sarcasm. Good to hear from you. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home