Life-changing, people.

Well I'm back from Asia (specifically, Kyoto/Tokyo/Beijing/Xi'an/Guilin/Guangzhuo/Hong Kong) and I miss it terribly! Everything from the kind and hospitable people to the bizzare Engrish translations, oh man... It's like I left home.

And I'm not just saying that to seem in touch with my Asian half. If anything, this trip reminded me just how un-Asian I really am. It hurt a little. Like when they asked why I couldn't speak Japanese or Chinese, since aparently my looks are ambiguous enough to fit either category.

In Hong Kong, our tour guide, "Maffew", asked:
"Soah Eric, you speak-a Chinese?"
"I wish. Full-blooded unilingual American, I'm afraid."
"Oh, I see. You not Chinese?"
"Nope. Actually half-white half-Japanese."
"Japanese? Oh, no, you look... ah... I say, 82% Chinese. Yes, yes."

Coolest people I've ever met. If you're interested in browsing my photos from the trip, you can check out my flickr here. (Only uploaded to Beijing so far!)

So in the entry before I left, I surmised that Asia would be an inspiration on an artistic level. Understatement! It was just so different there that literally everything I saw was inspiration, whether it translated into music or art or writing or... I dunno, interpretive dance? Seriously, every sight, smell, and taste was new and exciting. I think my brain is still digesting it all. I know I haven't shut up about it since I got back anyway, which was two weeks ago. Oh right, sorry about that delay there. I was sad and stuff.

So yes! Design! Art! Tshirts! Asia! Give me some time on this, but I definitely want to create a wearable memoir of my experiences...

Labels: ,

posted by Mr. Linty @ 10:43 PM,

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Sign me up. I can't wait to see them!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Vania S. said...

cool...would be awsome i'm sure... can't wait to hear more about ur trip...

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went through most of the pictures Eric. Amazing sights and it looks like you had a great time over there. I can't wait to see why kind of shirt all of that will translate into. lol

Michael M.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Michael,

Yeah, it'll be interesting to try to come up with a design for all of this. I guess the main thing here is that there's just so much that happened. It's going to be difficult to decide what to depict. And yes, it was incredible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home