Slacker

Hey, it's THURSDAY! Sweet. Thursdays are always nice because they're kind of like the first free nights of my week. And today is especially thrilling because I had a few breakthroughs last night with old Tshirt designs that just never 'clicked' for me. Like I finally came up with another scheme for the "Mondays", a design that was simply too boring on black. "Radio" also got a makeover. Since Real Heroes I've come to appreciate how difficult it is to work with colors on khaki shirts.


Old "Radio" design


I've also been trying to come up with new shirt ideas. Yesterday I came up with a handful, some conceptual (like "War") and others more decorative (Uhm, "UPC", I guess). Right now I have a list of a couple dozen or so that I'd like to start woking on when I've got the time. I've also started a folder of reference images and styles to browse through when I need some direction and momentum. Often I'll be looking through photographs for some side project or commission when I stumble accross an image that really jumps out at me. Usually it's that image that evolves into an idea and subsequent design. Typically the end result looks nothing like the original.

I'm still having difficulty getting the printers to replicate the pantones I've given them for the latest design, but I have a feeling the error is on their side, the way they're processing the images they've shown me. I think my best bet is to let them go ahead with the screens and have them send me a larger proof format when that step is done... Yeah, just thinking out loud here.

Oh yeah, and I still have to get those product pictures up for the last shirt! Super slacking here!

Labels: , ,

posted by Mr. Linty @ 2:26 PM,

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric... the printers need to get the shirts correct and done soon. Its killing me not seeing this new design lol.

And, is there any way you could post up the full res version of the old(or updated with extra creatures) design of the tree people shirt? I love that picture and i just want the design lol. thanks.

Michael M.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Michael,

Patience, padawan. As for the design you're talking about, I'll have to rummage through ye olde archives. I haven't seen it in ages though. What color do you remember it being on? Black or khaki or maroon?

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, patience lol. And the shirt was on a Black shirt. I remember you had it posted on your art profile way back when. Thats where I first saw it.

Michael M.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Yeah, that was the first version. It's not in my photobucket, but I'll check the original files to see if I've still got it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home