Overseas headaches

China LineJust got off the phone with my translator/advisor for China. She's been so great through all of this. I'm completely sure I'd be sunk without her efforts!

So, the latest (as you may have seen on my Flickr), is that the samples came in from China. They look astounding. The colors are solid and vivid, and because they dyed the material from scratch, the results are actually even better than American Apparel. It's a perfect match for Linty Fresh, and I'm thrilled. On top of that, the material I decided to go with is slightly thicker than my current AA styles (2001 and 2102). It's super, super comfy.

Of course, nothing comes without a little grief, and there were some issues. For one, it looks like the collars have a problem that cause them to stand up (rather than laying flat on your neck, like a normal tee). Apparently the material used was a different blend of cotton, causing it to shrink at a rate different from that of the rest of the shirt. No good. Also, the vertical shoulder seem is just a bit long on the girl sizes. Fixable issues, but things that need to be addressed now.

China LineIn other China news, it looks like I'll be moving into a different place than I was staying in while there in the Spring. It turns out that my roommate and I are getting a third friend from the states moving in, so we're upscaling a bit. The new place has 5 bedrooms and 2 full baths. It's on the third floor, has a great view, and is just across the street from out old place. One of the rooms is set up as an office, which I'll try to snag as my workspace. And as typical for China, the place is fully furnished. (We just need to provide mattresses, because who wants to use someone else's?) The best part, of course, is the price. When split 3 ways, rent's just $130 a month. Factor in food (eating out practically every day), entertainment, and shopping, and you're at about $350. It'll be a bit more for me with obvious business expenses, but dude... Seriously. Awesome.

The funny part is that I still don't have my ticket. I'm so close to having enough miles on my frequent flier account to be able to get a free round-trip, so I'm holding out... But my planned arrival is August 12-15th, so I'm running out of time and may just purchase a one-way. Either way, it's looming ever closer. Can't wait to get back!

posted by Mr. Linty @ 9:55 PM,

3 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger HolyshitiLoveyou said...

You're leaving the country no! Let's trade shirts before you go for good.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Loren Burton said...

Eric,

I can't believe you'll only be paying $130 a month for rent - that's insane! I bet the place is super nice as well.. I'm so jealous.

The shirts look awesome. Keep up the great work!

Loren

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Better believe it! I'm stoked to be going back, but a little nervous about leaving for good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home