This summer is going to be crazy

LF StyleguidesI knew it leaving China, and I'm feeling it now. But crazy is good! The last 3 months were pretty laid back, so it'll be nice to have a change of pace and make a bit of cash before I head back in August.

Today I tried to get everything ready for the big show tomorrow. I really love what the Indie Craft Experience people have done with their shows so far, and weather permitting (it was incredible today, hopefully it'll behave again tomorrow!) I think it'll be pretty killer.

There's a couple of things I'm doing differently this time around that should be interesting to see in action. One new feature is the "Linty Fresh Styleguide", which is basically a laminated menu which will serve as a quick reference to perspective customers. As my inventory has expanded, it's become impossible to display everything, so it's crucial to come up with new ways to show a customer all the goods without having piles of junk on the counter. (If you've seen my video on doing tradeshows, you know I like keeping things tidy.) The styleguides are also nice because they tell a little bit about each item, which is a reflection of both the website and the brand itself. I've really tried to set myself apart from other brands by putting a lot of meaning into each product, and it's important to me to convey some of that to attendees at a show.

Discount RackAnother new feature this year is a discount rack that will have items dating back to December 07. I debated for some time whether or not to do this, but I think it's good to have low price points for people who are there to bargain shop. Of course, they won't be getting what full-price-paying customers get. In some cases, these discounted tees are simply so old that they're no longer congruent with the LF brand. In others, they've got either printing or manufacturing flaws. Either way, they're $10, and I hope to move them all if possible.

In other news, tonight I was reconnected with a Chinese business contact from last year (no connection to this new one). He wants to partner up with the brand and take it into the world of custom sneakers. A year ago I felt this was a pretty far-fetched notion, but now I'm feeling adventurous. We're meeting next week. Who knows?

posted by Mr. Linty @ 8:02 PM,

5 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Mija said...

everything seems to be going great for you! And sneakers...congrats! I'm sure those items will be sick!!! ^^

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to a new tee every first of the month?

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i statyed up til 12 waiting, but nothing came, so i figured you were just busy from your trip back.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No new tee for June 1! :O

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

I'm a terrible person! Also, one of my manufacturers is late on delivery...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home