Tricky balance

WholesaleSo as you all are very aware of by now, I'm out of stuff. Lots of stuff. If you're a guy that wears smalls or mediums, you probably aren't too happy with me right now... What can I say? The tees go fast! I'm especially surprised with how fast Dr. K's Chemistry went. Although I only printed them back in February, I'm completely out of them in guys' sizes, and only about half of the girls' are in stock. If things go well, I'll try to reprint it for the fall. It's funny how tees sell, though. Sometimes it's the really simple ones (like the recently reprinted Keiths) that do the best! I'll have to keep this in mind for future releases. I have a bunch of ideas for late-summer tees, but if things keep going at this rate I'll be too booked with reprints to do anything new! In any case, I guess it's time to start ordering a few more with each run, especially with the wholesale orders that have been coming through and cleaning me out... (see pic)

The other thing that's made this a tricky summer is that my resources are now being tugged in two different directions: USA and China. China's doing well though. I got to finally see the samples of the first line (5 designs) and was blown away at how great they look. To be perfectly honest, they actually look better than some of the originals! I still haven't seen the completed tees, though. Because they're making my tees from scratch, they dye the material, then print it, and then stitch it. This is great for a lot of reasons, but it means that the trickiest part, the measuring and fitting, is still in the wings. I have confidence, though. They've given me no reason to worry. If anything, sometimes they're too concerned with details, like when they wanted to know how many millimeters each design fell from the collar seam. Yikes.

So I'm busy. I have a notebook next to my computer with a running to-do list that is constantly being added to, amended, and scratched off. In the last week, I've done 22 of the 36 things that I've got listed so far. The bulk of my time is being spent on arranging affairs to head back to China. I went through my apartment and put a bunch of things in the main room for friends to come over and pick through: books, movies, CDs, computer parts, office supplies, and other junk I can't lug with me to China (or can re-purchase there for cheap). I'm pretty bummed about having to get rid of stuff like my acoustic guitar, but I really don't want to take it on the 30+ hour, 3-flight trip there.

Feels like life has been on fast-forward lately... Whew.

posted by Mr. Linty @ 4:21 PM,

5 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger nuclearave said...

Are you like moving to china? or just visiting again?

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Moving! Gotta work on getting this thing launched in China.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger nuclearave said...

Forever? Haha i just thought you were going to set it up get it running then come back :P

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

We'll see, I'm looking to stay as long as possible.

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Dennis said...

Dang man, I saw your 25% discount till August 1st, and figured it was the excuse I needed to get the Dr. K's Chemistry one. And then it was sold out. Huge disappointment lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home