I'm here!

What up peeps! I'm in China! Just finished my first day here, in fact. I've only traveled around a little bit (still jet laggin') so far, but it's pretty awesome. This morning I had breakfast at this super loe-key family owned restaurant (I don't think they were too used to seeing foreigners), and had the most delicious breakfast I've eaten in awhile. It was kind of like an egg breakfast burrito, but the wrapper was lightly floured and thin. Then I was served these dishes of steamed and salted broccoli and spicy scrambled eggs to fill the wrappers with. SO STINKIN GOOD.

Definitely gonna be back for that tomorrow.

The prices are just ridiculous, too. I went to a large department store down the road (Costco meets Walmart) and couldn't believe the prices. I was looking at this one sound system, for example, and it was $250, which I was thinking seemed pretty US-ish, but then it hit me that I was looking at the Chinese price. In American currency, it was about $38. Amazing!

Anyhow, still a bit tired from the jetlag, but so far not so bad since I went to sleep on their time last night and woke up with the sun this morning. I'm told the sunrise was beautiful (I can see the ocean from my room), but I wasn't up quite that early. Maybe tomorrow!

posted by Mr. Linty @ 8:35 AM,

6 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Mija said...

Take pics of the view and ocean! Glad you're having fun so far!!

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock rock on. I'm jealous! Keep the posts coming as us stateside folk are living vicariously through you right now.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Mija,

It's just a bit overcast right now, but if it clears up that'll be the first thing I do! It incredibly close to where I am (about 6 blocks), but unfortunately China's air quality is pretty lousy.

Valerie,

Will do, maam!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger moisesmadeit said...

Take pictures of the little shops you like the best and weird stuff you see. I bet there's a lot to check out there, have fun!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Karaku said...

Hi! Please love my people instead of me (I like there as well).

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Lol, you and your crazy English!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home