Monday night dish

I woke up this morning thinking about what I wanted for lunch/dinner, since I finally ate all of the huge batch of tofu fried rice that I made. I put my query out to folks on Twitter and got a bunch of yummy recipes. But when I finally went out for groceries, I remembered that I had some frozen Italian sausage in my freezer, and decided to make a dish out of that instead. I hit the pasta aisle and found some delicious-looking sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce, grabbed a fresh loaf of Italian bread, and some pasta.

I sauteed some peppers, onions, and garlic with the meat, but other than that it was a really simple meal to put together. For the bread I decided to try something a little different than the typical parmesan-toast thing I do. I instead minced some garlic and microwaved it with a couple tablespoons of butter and about 2 teaspons of blue cheese. Then I just poured that over the bread. It came out REALLY good. Definitely gonna do this next time I make garlic bread!

The finished meal:
I'm gonna miss pasta and cheese in China

posted by Mr. Linty @ 5:13 PM,

3 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang dude, that looks delicious. Give me the recipe for the pasta sauce? I like to just experiment with pasta sauces. I've discovered that a little oregano can work wonders haha. It's become one of my favorite spices.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Sautee 1/2 green bell pepper and 1/2 onion with olive oil and 1 clove garlic, add chopped, cooked sausage, and after 10 minutes on medium heat, add sauce, (I used a "Classico" pasta - sundried tomato alfredo)

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, thank you very much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home