4 days in and doing great!

Man, I love it here.

If you've been following my Twitter or Flickr, you're probably already sick of hearing me rave about this place, so just go ahead and skip this entry, BECAUSE I AINT DONE TALKIN BOUT HOW AWESOME IT IS.

I think the thing that gets me the most is the prices of everything. It's actually cheaper to eat out than it is to make food, which is great if, like me, you'd rather be out exploring the town than worrying about a grocery list. There's a place 3 minutes away (on foot) that has a line of these tiny little shops that make just about anything you can imagine - a lot of grilled stuff, but everything else as well. They had these spicy pork skewers that were incredible, and were just 2 RMB each, or roughly $0.40 US. And I had a whole plate of dumplings for just 15 RMB, or $2.20 US.

Prices aside, the scenery here is pretty awesome. It's been cloudy the last few days so I didn't get a real opportunity to see what's just beyond the neighborhood, but today was perfectly clear and I snapped this shot when I woke up. Decided a little later to check out the beach for the first time, too. Brought along my sketchbook and sat for a few minutes drawing some rocks on the shore. Chinese are, by nature, really curious, so several people stopped to look or say hi. We conversed a little, which is great for me and my bad Chinese.

One thing I've been stressing over, of course, is how things with Linty Fresh are going back home. LF's first "employee" (technically a sub-contractor, but the other term is way cool!) didn't actually move in to my place till just a couple days ago, so she was slammed with all the orders for the new stuff. I have full confidence in her abilities, though, and sure enough she's been handling it all very well, and those of you who've put in orders know that from the emails she's sent out. Thanks Michelle!

Final little thing - the tee for April is all done! Finished it up completely today and got the cards all squared away. It's a great little collab between myself and Will Bryant. I've been a fan of his psychedelic stylings since I was recommended to him by another artist, and couldn't resist pitching the idea for a collaborative piece a few weeks back. It was a kind of a backwards process this time around, but I'll explain that all later. For now, I've got studying to do! I got myself a tutor for Chinese - $5/hr, 3hrs a week!

STOOOOKED.

posted by Mr. Linty @ 9:43 AM,

4 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Karaku said...

I want to come and visit too!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Nick Piekarz said...

Where in China are you?

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

I'm in Shandong Province.

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats so awesome you're in china
you know,
you guys should restock on the purple keith the quiet shirt, pref. medium or large, guys
[:
i'd love you foreverrrrr
ahahha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home