Tee contest

Well, I never thought I'd see the day, but it looks like I've just about run out of tshirt designs. Of course, this is due in full to the fact that my external hard drive (which held all my LF stuff) crashed, leaving me with fragments on my flickr to recreate stuff from scratch. It sucked, but that's life.

But here I am, and it's weird that I'm almost out of stuff to print! It's actually a little worrisome, too, because with my increased production, it means I've got absolutely NOTHING ready for my July release. A scary thing. And I've been so busy with the business side of things lately and all this show prep stuff that I just haven't had the time or motivation to plunker down and come up with some new stuff. What's a guy to do?

A contest, that's what!

I've found from experience that one excellent way to force myself to produce good work is to pit myself against other designers. Because it's competition, I end up really pushing myself (not that I don't work hard on LF stuff, it's just... different!) And what better place to host it than Emptees, a community of tee lovers and designers? So on Wednesday night I pitched the idea and suddenly had 20+ applicants looking for a chance to refine their skills too. (I opted for an all out T-brawl as opposed to a one on one). I also asked for design themes, which were to be 3 words each. The topics were crazy, but in the end, the one that was chosen (by random), was:


"Music is life"

The other contestants didn't seem to happy about it, but I thought it was a fun one! It's been awhile since my last music-themed tee, and I have some ideas for this one. Anyhow, entries are due next week Wednesday at midnight. I'm pretty retarded for doing this now since I'm so busy, but I like to get my designs to my printer 30 days before I need the tees back, so I'm sort of running out of time anyhow. Stay tuned! I'll be sure to post my entry here.

Labels: ,

posted by Mr. Linty @ 6:59 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home