Ramblings on stuff and stuff

Color option 2


It's for sale. It started off as an LF piece but as it developed it turned out to be something that I'm not sure I want in my line (not because I don't like the design, but because the style isn't what I'm after right now). Anyhow, I sent it off to a tshirt site and if they don't want it, it'll be up for grabs... to the highest bidder!

Anyhow, I haven't done a decent post in awhile, so I suppose it's time for a real update that doesn't involve bad Russian accents and acrobatics (aww).

SO! One question I've kind of been getting a lot lately is, "How is LF doing despite the economy?" Which is to say, "Are people really buying tshirts when they can't pay the mortgage?" Well, yes. To be honest, it's definitely slower than it was back in the summer, when LF really hit its peak (although September was the best month since I started, but only due to Renegade). And that's understandable. But all in all, I've been ok. Although, since I am paying more for rent for this bigger place, I am having to watch my spending and keep track of where my cash goes. But aren't we all?

In a way, I think the economic downturn has had some good effects. For one, it's forced people in this country to really take a look at how they spend their money (and their credit card company's money), which is important. Also, it's gotten folks a lot more conscious about fuel consumption, which will hopefully lead many of us to rethink how much we use our cars, saving our money and the environment. (I wouldn't classify myself as a hardcore environmentalist, but it does irk me to think about so many emissions in the atmosphere.) So all in all, I guess this is a glass half-full stance on the issue. We all need a wake up call from time to time!

That said, it is my professional opinion that one area that cutbacks aren't needed are in the area of tshirt spending! You can never have enough tees! :P

Geez.

In other news, my next show is just around the corner (next week! Can't believe it). In case you missed the half dozen other mentions of this and you're in the Atlanta area, here's a link to the site that's hosting it: The Indie Craft Experience". I've said it before, but I am SO happy to be attending an indoors show. Just rockin'.

posted by Mr. Linty @ 12:02 AM,

4 Comments:

At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this design!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Lol, thanks greg!!

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I LOVE this design!! I think maybe you should save it in case you change your mind to make it Linty Fresh (I think you should.) :D

 
At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and its true, you can NEVER have enough tees!! I've recently come to fully believe in that, lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home