LF Vid #3: Professionalism

It always bugs me when people badmouth clients/employers on forums or otherwise carry on in a really unprofessional manner online and excuse themselves by saying, "Oh please, it's only the internet!" So I thought I'd make a video post about it.


Professionalism from Eric Terry on Vimeo.

The fact is, this stuff really matters, and not just if you're running an online business or are trying to get work through the internet in some other way. People forget that the only thing they have to present themselves is little bits of text on a monitor; those few words are the equivalent to a first impression, and as most people know, first impressions last forever!

Anyways, I sat down and came up with what I felt were the top 3 "tenets" of professionalism online, though I'm sure I missed a bunch more. I may do more in this series, so if you have suggestions let me know!

PS: Sorry for the terrible Russian accent/jokes!

posted by Mr. Linty @ 11:15 PM,

5 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Coty said...

Perfect timing for this video, Eric! Especially with all the stuff that went on at Emptees.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Yeah, sadly this stuff should be common sense, but unfortunately it's not these days... :(

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your vids are awesome man, I'm so going to steal the idea when I start my own store/blog! Truthiness!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent beat ! I ωould like to аρprеntice whilе
you amenԁ your wеb sіtе, how can i
subѕсribe for a blog web sitе?
The account аided me a accеptаblе dеal.
I haԁ beеn a littlе bit acquaіnted of thiѕ
youг broаԁcast provіԁed bright clеar concept

my wеb-site: bucket--truck.com
Feel free to visit my homepage utility bucket trucks

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post! We are linking to thіѕ greаt article оn our sіte.

Kеep up the greаt writing.

Visit mу web site ... tens pain relief

 

Post a Comment

<< Home