BUSY.

This week's been crazy, and it's not even for the new releases coming out tomorrow night!

In typical fashion, I have my hands in like 5 bajillion things at a time, probably more than I really need to be dealing with right now. The biggest thing has to do with wholesaling. I finally released a catalog and order form to a handful of vendors in different countries who've asked about my products in the past. A few of them have replied with their order requests, so juggling all these numbers and working up a print schedule so they can have all their tees is NUTS. The good news is that for my customers this means that a bunch of things are going to be restocked soon, including some things that I didn't expect to be able to offer, like Epidemic and the original version of The Most Fantastic Things (on green!). So that's an upside.

Things are steadily growing, too. I've finally had to expand operations in the house to the garage for extra storage, in light of all the hoodies that have been arriving (oops, did I say too much? :D). But growth is good, just crazy, unpredictable, and a little scary.

Anyways, apart from all the wholesale business taking place, I've been concentrating a little more on this show I've got coming up in Chicago. It's only 5 weeks away and I still feel pretty ill-prepared for it. The good thing is that I've done it before and I've got most everything I need, except for a few display things to accommodate new products like the hoodies.

But another thing that I've been really stoked about getting done is this crazy display gimmick that I thought up a couple months back when I first heard about this next show. Basically I want to build a fake washing machine for the roof of my tent. It'll be printed on flat sheets of styrene plastic (done by my old boss) which I'll then screw together with angle brackets. I'm also working on stitching together these giant 13-foot long tentacles which will stick out of the sides (where the holes are).

Here's what it'll look like before assembled:

Washing Machine Display




Anyways, I got a quote on it and hopefully I can get it printed and assembled next week or the week after. Pics will follow!

posted by Mr. Linty @ 11:56 PM,

2 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're kind of my hero. perhaps someday i will have the initiative and the drive to venture out on my own...

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Do it! It's a ton of work, but it's really rewarding to see things come together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home