Custom Packaging

PackagingWell, this is turning out to be a lot tougher than I imagined.

And, as usual, I've got no one to blame but myself.

So it started off with this idea to do custom packaging. I've been using blank Tyvek mailers for the last 2 years, and although they're ideal for shipping (lightweight, strong, and cheap), I've begun to feel the itch to customize this step of the process (as I'm gradually doing with everything).

The first idea was simple - the LF logo stamped on the face of the package. Easy. Done. Practical, simple, and a good way to make the name a bit more prominent, but... Boring. And a little lame. My next idea was to do a pattern. Initially this was going to be the same pattern that I've got on the header for the store banner, but unfortunately I lost the high res version of this when my hard drive crashed a few months ago, and it'd be a super pain to redraw all the pieces...

And what about boxes? With more and more folks ordering more than just a single tee, it's become sensible to start shipping things off in something bigger. And boxes mean more sides to design/print on.

With this in mind, I set out to do a package design that'd make full use of the 3-dimensionality of a box. I'm gonna keep the actual designs veiled until the whole packaging line is released (probably September), but in the meantime, you can get a little hint from the pic.

Labels:

posted by Mr. Linty @ 10:34 PM,

2 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Walasaur said...

I just discovered the awesomeness of RSS feeds and blogs, and love your clothes! Keep up the awesome work / posts. Mind if I add you to my page (lower right, under "Check These People Out!")

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Not at all! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home