No es bueno.

I think yesterday saw me madder than I've been in ages... Allow me to explain...

It started with a couple emails I received from Threadless members. Usually I get random emails from folks about the designs, but these were particularly unusual because both of their subject lines contained the word "stolen". Not good.

It turns out that someone on Threadless posted my most recent design on the site and claimed it as their own. Upsetting to say the least, but even worse was the fact that they'd actually submitted it into the competition. In other words, they were trying to get paid for my work. Needless to say, I was furious. I contacted Threadless immediately and then jumped on the submission with a link to my original design. Fortunately some others had caught it too, and the thief, "Than They Appear", never came back. Coward.

This is the first time something like this has happened to me and I've got to say that it's one of the worst thing that can happen to someone in this line of work. That someone would not only claim another's work as their own but go so far as to make money off of it is simply beyond me. In any case, it's a done deal now and I owe huge thanks to those who informed me of the incident and those who backed me up.

On the upside, traffic was super high yesterday. ;)

posted by Mr. Linty @ 6:24 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home