Consolation for finished sale

Sailors added in the mix

These were made entirely in-house, from the initial design to the cutting of the paper to the pressing of the buttons to the packaging. And I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with these little fellas. There's something especially fresh about them. Anywho, you can get them on the site for just 3$ (for a 4-pack).

The sale is finally over, though. I let it go for a week longer than I'd planned because it was really moving some of the older designs. I've said it before, but it never ceases to intrigue me that designs seem to sell much better once a newer one comes out. I don't understand how it works at all, but that seems to be the trend with every new batch... Huh.

Paper ToyOn a slightly different note, here's a preview of a little project I'm working on that may be available for purchase soon on Linty Fresh. It's a toy made out of paper (110 lb) and designed after one of the sailor buttons. This was largely experimental since I'd never done anything like it before, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, minus a few details that I plan to work out. Anyway, more on that later.

Speaking of side projects, if you're wondering what happened to the other toys, well... unfortunately I scrapped that project. It had been ages since I'd worked with polymer clay and my skills (and the materials) just weren't up to the task of the clean lines and sharp angles needed in the design. It sucks, but I'm constantly learning stuff with this little venture of mine, so I'm not too bummed about it. Ideally, one day I'll get a factory to do a little line of full fledged vinyl toys with my designs. That would be entirely too awesome. For now though, I'm sticking to the small stuff. ;)

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Mr. Linty @ 10:30 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home