Whew!

I think I've finally come to an important decision regarding Linty Fresh. Honestly, it's been pretty weird the last two years since I've just designed whatever came to my head in whatever style I could conjure up. Problem being, without some sort of lowest common denominator, some overriding look, it's hard to really define myself. So I've made my decision. I'm going for "stylized street art cartoons and graphics" ...I guess that still seems broad, but just visualize my last design - it had some streetsy cartoons (the little orange dudes) mixed with my more typical dead tree and leaf graphics and lots of fun and flowy, purely design stuff. My buttons, too. Cartoony, but not in a kiddie-book-illustrations way.

Anyways, that's kind of what I'm going for. Also, BOLD colors and large designs. Now that I've finally established a cheap and reliable printer, I can go way beyond 4 colors, too. And now I want to do wrap arounds, hood prints, and even bags. There's a lot of reasons that I think make this a good idea. First, I haven't seen too many other people do this (bags, that is). Second, I love bags (I use mine whenever I can!) Third, I think the style will really complement the bags well (Most likely a simple, wide, one-color print)

I guess I've sort of been going about LF wrong. Basically I was attempting to compete with the tee giants like Threadless and Design by Humans. This, of course, is ludicrous. I simply can't create that many different styles for tees. But what I can do is invert that formula - print a lot of different things with a single style. Obviously, my main thing will definitely still be the tees, but I really want to expand. This may even be the perfect platform to launch the sneakers. (if I ever figure out how to do it!)

Anyways, I'm looking for some input on the bags below. These bags are my top 3 choices for printing. They have nice, print-able flaps, are comfy looking, and practically shaped:


DW805 Desert Wash Medium Messenger Bag
"100% cotton rip-stop soft structured messenger bag with open interior and brushed nickel hardware. adjustable strap for cross-body carrying. back pocket with velcro closure."
12" w x 9" h x 2" d.


405 Anvil Messenger Bag
"600-denier polyester; laptop and pda friendly; adjustable 2 shoulder strap; lined flap with two zippers makes imprinting easy; front adjustable-clasp closure; main compartment has inside slip pocket; front panel has zippered compartment"
DEPTH 5" LENGTH 14.5" WIDTH 12"


1908 Authentic Pigment Pigment-Dyed Raw-Edge Messenger Bag
"100% cotton canvas, 14 oz; enzyme-washed; adjustable cotton webbing shoulder strap with antique brass slider and d-ring; large flap with magnetic snap; exterior and interior zippered pockets; storage side pockets"
DEPTH 4.75" LENGTH 16" WIDTH 11.5"









I'm leaning towards the first one now but open to feedback. Probably I'll print on black & khaki for the first run. Any input on this would be great!

Sample tag for new shirtOh, and one last reason why the new printing company is the best ever (and I'm so excited about this it's a little insane) THEY ARE GONNA DO CUSTOM TAGS!!!

In other words, they are going to remove the American Apparel tags by hand and screenprint a 3"x4" tag design onto the back neck. And because they are so incredibly awesome, it's only going to cost another 40 cents per tee, even though each size will have a different tag! I'm super thrilled because getting my own tags was like the final step to feeling official about these tees. From now on, they are 100% LF. Just awesome. On top of that, every tee I release will have a different tag design. This is the one I did for the upcoming tee.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Mr. Linty @ 12:25 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home