The mail-lady actually beeped her horn at me

Seriously! I was in my office doing some design work and all of a sudden I hear the miniature rumblings of a tiny engine chugging up the driveway. I poked my head through the curtains and spotted a mailtruck reversing determinedly towards the house.

My custom boxes!!!

New boxes

Obviously they mailed flat (as opposed to folded as in the pic), but since I got about 800 of them in varying sizes, it still took up a significant amount of space in the truck's compartment.

Oh! And that was another thing - so I'm helping her pull these unwieldy stacks of boxes from the truck and I realize that this is the first time I've actually seen inside the back of a mailtruck! As I've mentioned here before, one of my goals for the near future of Linty Fresh is to purchase a small van, custom design the exterior and interior, and put in shelves and such and turn it into a mobile shop, touring around nearby cities and selling stuff out the back. Mailtrucks were in the offing for awhile, but lately I've been thinking that something bigger would be more sensible. But after actually getting a close look at the space in there, I was pleasantly surprised! I found myself analyzing the compartment thoughtfully, imagining how I'd organize the space. I think the mail lady thought I was weird, so I decided not to ask where I could buy a retired mailtruck (they must go dirt cheap, right?), but I think when she comes back tomorrow (she's got another shipment to drop off), I might pick her brains on the subject... Hm.

How cool would that be, right?!

posted by Mr. Linty @ 11:01 PM,

3 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who printed these boxes?

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Shoot me an email and I'll send you all the info!

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mail van? Ice cream truck with the hole in the side would be so much cooler! mind the pun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home