Writing Music

Before I left for China, a friend from Atlanta made me promise to do some collaborative music work with him when I got settled in my new place. We figured that my surroundings would be an inspiration for lots of songs and music. It didn't take long to track down a local music shop and purchase a decent guitar (my roommate actually did that part), but although I've been playing it a lot and teaching myself a bunch of songs that I never previously had time to learn, the drive to write my own stuff wasn't really there.

But randomly, today, though faced with a large list of LF to-dos, I picked up the guitar and wrote a song. After an hour or so it was completed so I recorded it and added some extra vocals. It's a very simple song (C, F, C, G, C, F, C, G, C) but I'm happy with it. And yesterday I went back to the music shop and had them order some shadan (Chinese for "sand-eggs", those percussion thingys), so hopefully I'll add a little rhythm layer to the song when they arrive.

I'm also working on translating some American songs into Chinese, starting with Feist's "1234". It may be a disaster, but if not perhaps I'll record it.

Here's the song I did today for download: Stick Around

posted by Mr. Linty @ 7:41 AM,

5 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Anonymous brian said...

Eric,
Great job man, I really liked that song. It's always nice to see other people in the field with similar interests to my own. Maybe sometime I will share some of my own music...

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jeez! Are you just good at everything?

I really liked the song, it was catchy.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Thanks. I feel my singing voice still needs lots of work though!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger dtownknight said...

If you send me all the tracks seperated ill mix it for you :-)

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Nick Piekarz said...

Nice Song!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home