成功!

Custom Mon QueeFINALLY. Man, ever since I first started seeing pictures of vinyl toys a few years ago I've dreamed about designing my own, but like most projects that I undertake, it was one disaster after another. My attempt to cast my own toys a few years ago just ended up in a lot of wasted time and supplies. My attempt to build my own with clay was eventually abandoned after realizing that I could never achieve the mechanical precision by hand (duh, right?). And my purchase of blank toys at Rotofugi while in Chicago for Renegade ended up in... toys that stayed blank... Actually, I did one of them, but it turned out that I accidentally used oils, which means the paint job is wet (and unfinished) to this day.

Not one to be defeated, I found a vinyl toy vendor locally and decided to give it yet another go. Part of it was the price, I admit. Originally he wanted 68 kuai per toy (that's $10 for a 10" toy, a good deal!), but I was able to get 2 for 100 kuai! One was a Darth Vader Quee that I'll post pics of later. It's super awesome. The other was a blank Mon Quee, and today, using a simple black sharpie, I went for it!

posted by Mr. Linty @ 9:44 AM,

7 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty sweet!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger SKILLA said...

really loving the red!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Very impressive! Sweet...

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Loren Burton said...

well done! i'm diggin the dripping paint, or whatever that might be.. haha. LOVE IT!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger valerie hope said...

I'm jealous. Blank vinyls here are at least $20. I'd love to get my hands on some. You should stock up!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Thanks peeps. I'm really surprised the marker worke so well... Looks like I'll need to start hunting for either a Chinese equivalent or some imported Sharpies. And yes, I plan to stock up a bit.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Rolfe Bautista said...

wow this toy came out pretty well. It looks great and it doesnt even look like you just used sharpie marker. I too have problems with the toys and i still have a buch of blank Munny's sitting around hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home